Founded in: 45141 Essen, Kallenbergstr. 21
as BOOMEX Produktions- und Handelsgesellschaft chemisch – technischer Artikel mbH (as recorded in the Commercial Register)
Production – We produce for you at two locations in Germany
BOOMEX has state-of-the-art production lines at its headquarters in Essen and at its production site in Alsfeld. This is where our proven and internationally renowned long-lasting products are produced: Charcoal and barbecue firelighters with the “Made in Germany” quality mark. To ensure that BOOMEX remains a guarantor of the best quality at all times in the future, we continuously invest in optimizing the sometimes complicated production processes and work constantly on refining our high quality standards, compliance with which is uncompromisingly monitored by our specialists throughout the entire production chain.
A convincing proof that BOOMEX is going the right way: In our plants we not only manufacture products of the premium brand FLASH, but rather also firelighters in considerable 200 private labels for various trade brands. So, no matter what good name is on a package of charcoal and barbecue firelighters – it usually contains the tested quality of BOOMEX.
BOOMEX products mainly meet the safety standards according to EN standards for safe and user-friendly handling.
Firelighters made of wood-based fuels bear the FSC® seal in our company.
Since October 2017, the environmental management of BOOMEX GmbH is certified according to EN ISO 14001:2015.
The environment protection
Reliability, easy handling, safety – these are quality features of our charcoal and barbecue firelighters that consumers have appreciated for decades. Especially with wood-based fuels, an additional aspect is of utmost importance to BOOMEX: environmental protection – and thus the responsible use of wood.
Wood-based firelighters from BOOMEX bear the seal of the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®). FSC® stands for an international organization in which environmental and social associations, forest owners and wood processors cooperate. The FSC® has established binding criteria that precisely regulate the careful management of managed forests. That is why the FSC® certificate is also a globally recognized seal of quality for products made of wood.
The FSC® mark on BOOMEX wood-based firelighters guarantees you the use of wood from certified forests, that is, sustainable forest management compatible with the environment. This includes regular inspections by independent auditors, transparent production routes and the fair participation of all social groups in the forest management scheme.
Of course, we do not only pay attention to the protection of the environment in the material and production of our lighting aids. We use only FSC®-certified paper for the production of our catalogs and other advertising materials. For our environmentally conscious customers, we are constantly working to reduce the emissions of our products.
Particularly environmentally friendly and sustainable articles bear the “Green Energy” logo. The green range is constantly growing and includes lamp oils and liquid firelighters in addition to all wood-based firelighters.
You can find more interesting information about the FSC® at www.fsc-deutschland.de
The environmental policy of BOOMEX GmbH
We see our products as B2C products, which is why we place high demands on security, user-friendliness and customer orientation. Our product development in particular is part of our continuous improvement process. We consider these as part of a product life cycle, which also takes into account the relevant environmental aspects, including packaging and disposal. The strategic focus here is on conserving resources and avoiding and minimizing possible damage to people and the environment. In addition to the external specifications and regulations for protecting the environment, we also observe our internal quality and safety specifications for our products and our processes. Based on our management goals, we go one step further to improve our products, make them more sustainable and reduce our environmental impact. Product safety thus runs through the entire value-added process and product life cycle.
In order to realize our claim, we have defined the environmental guidelines listed below as binding content of our corporate policy:
- We comply with the environmentally relevant requirements and laws. We undertake to comply with the relevant laws and regulations as well as the requirements imposed on us with regard to environmental protection and occupational safety and to achieve our own goals.
- We record our greenhouse gas emissions for Scope 1 and Scope 2 and will formulate targets to reduce our emissions in the future.
- We avoid environmental pollution such as waste, waste water, emissions and noise or keep them as low as possible.
- Our hazardous materials management complies with the legal requirements. In particular, water-polluting substances are stored and handled safely.
- In the event that substances with dangerous properties escape uncontrolled, we have prepared appropriate emergency measures.
- Waste is separated and disposed of according to the specifications of our waste concept.
- We inform our customers about safe handling of our products. In addition, we are constantly working on designing our products in such a way that they do not pose any health risks. Current safety data sheets are available for this purpose. We also label our products in accordance with legal requirements.
- We have been certified according to FSC specifications since 2012. Accordingly, we only use renewable raw materials in accordance with these specifications.
- We promote the environmental awareness of our employees in order to protect the environment in all areas of the company and to use raw materials and energy sparingly.
- We are actively committed to a balanced relationship between ecology and economy in order to leave our children an environment worth living in.
Mr. Jörn Seuren
The company history – BOOMEX Gmbh since 1984
BOOMEX GmbH can now look back on almost 40 years of company history. Since 1984, the company has been a guarantor for high-quality and equally safe products with its charcoal and barbecue firelighters.
Today, we are one of the leading suppliers of charcoal and barbecue firelighters in Europe – you can find our successful long-lasting firelighters in food retail stores, DIY stores, gas stations and the branches of various department store chains throughout Germany. Furthermore, you can find BOOMEX products in almost all European countries.
With our usual innovative strength, we continue to provide brand-new ideas and solid growth. To this end, our production processes are constantly being optimized and more space is being given to development in the truest sense of the word: The storage area on our premises in Essen now covers a good 5000 m2. In addition, we have further expanded the product range around the core business “charcoal and barbecue firelighters”.
Barbecue and fireplace accessories, articles for oil stoves and solid fuels are now just as much part of the range as tried-and-tested seasonal goods and attractive trend products. One example of the consistent expansion of our product range is the introduction of beautifully designed oil lamps, decorative lanterns, various torches and practical helpers for dealing with fire and flame.